No restrictions at this time.
During the Argo’s operation as a working mill, laborers would have to brave the Argo Tunnel and endure the loud and precarious conditions of the Argo Mill in order to extract precious metals from the mountain’s ore. Today, visitors to the Argo Mill and Tunnel in Idaho Springs don’t have to operate a stamp mill or trek through drainage tunnels in order to take home precious items. When shopping in Idaho Springs, pay a visit to the Argo Mill and Tunnel’s very own retail experience, the Argo Mercantile.
Shopping in Idaho Springs
Shopping in Idaho Springs is easy and convenient at the Argo Mercantile. The store carries a variety of products that are centered around the theme of mining, or directly related to the Argo Mill and Tunnel. Our store’s offerings include:
- Argo branded clothing and collectibles
- Genuine gemstones and fossils
- Historical reference books about the Argo, Idaho Springs, and mining history
- Hiking maps and activity guides pertaining to Clear Creek County and greater Colorado
- Educational items for children (books, guides, and toys)
- Unique gifts from local artists and surrounding areas
- An assortment of newly added, rotating products; too varied and unique to list here
Hours and Operations
Our store is open 7 days a week, from 10am to 6pm.
Guided tours for the Argo Mill and Tunnel will meet in the Mercantile. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Next time you’re shopping in Idaho Springs, stop by the Argo Mill and Tunnel’s Mercantile. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 303-567-2421 or visit our website.